Commonly used in Indian households, fenugreek seeds is mine of nutrients. Apart from fenugreek seeds, fenugreek leaves are most cooked vegetable. Fenugreek greens are fiber-rich & treatment of stomach related problems. Fenugreek is used specifically to improve the digestive system. It helps in potential increase of liver functions. Paste of fenugreek leaves on scalp helps to get rid of hair problems.
Fenugreek seeds have a very special place in Ayurveda. According to Ayurveda, fenugreek seeds have effective properties which help in easy digestion of food.
BUY FENUGREEK SEEDS
According to researchers, these seeds have anti-diabetic properties. Soluble fibre and amino acids are present in these seeds in large quantities which help to reduce blood sugar levels in body. These seeds also help to reduce inflammation in body.
Ten medicinal properties of FENUGREEK SEEDS:
- It helps to control diabetes. Blood sugar and lipids increased during diabetes can be controlled by regular consumption of fenugreek seeds. It also makes a smooth transition for insulin secretion.
- These seeds have properties to keep heart healthy. It helps to reduce cholesterol level in the body. Fenugreek seeds should be soaked in water for few hours and that water should be consumed twice daily.
- Using fenugreek seeds for patients with high blood pressure is really beneficial. Powder of mixture of fenugreek seeds and Anethum sowa/Dill seeds should be made. Two spoons of this powder should be taken twice a day to control blood pressure.
- Fenugreek seeds have particular importance for lactating mothers. Mothers with low milk production should drink water in which fenugreek seeds have been soaked overnight. It helps to increase milk production in lactating mothers.
- Fenugreek has warming effect in body. Hence it seeds are used for cough, cold and low-grade fever. These seeds soaked in water be boiled and strained. This water should be used instead of regular water till the symptoms subside.
- Fenugreek seeds can be used in treatment of diarrhea & loose motions. Powder of fenugreeks seeds mixed with honey should be taken twice or thrice a day.
- Due to warming effect of these seeds, these seeds are used for asthmatic patients. Paste of fenugreek seeds and honey should be made and consumed daily for about a month.
- Paste of these seeds is useful for relieving joint pain and inflammation in arthritis.
- To get rid of problems associated with hair these seeds are used. Hair pack using these seeds and curd should be made and applied on scalp to get rid of dandruff and hair fall.
- These seeds have deep cleansing action hence provides glowing skin.
There are many health properties of these seeds but it may likely to produce adverse effects on some people. Pregnant ladies should consult their physician prior using fenugreek seeds in their diet.