Sunflower seeds have micronutrients in them. These seeds are not consumed as whole. Oil of these seeds is extracted and this oil is used. These seeds have vitamin ‘E’ in them.
- As these seeds are enriched with vitamin ‘E’ which helps to provide protection of our cells against free radicals.
- It helps to regulate blood flow and also in production of red blood cells.
- These seeds have thiamine and vitamin B in it. It helps the body organs to function effectively.
- Commonly, males need intake of 1.2mg vitamin B daily & females 1.1mg of daily intake.
- Due to abundant presence of vitamin E in these seeds, these seeds are best for skin and hair. It protects the skin from harmful UV rays present in sunrays.
How to consume these seeds?
- These seeds can be roasted, seasoned with salt and can be taken as a healthy snack.
- These seeds when soaked in water can be used in salads or sandwiches.
- Powder of these seeds can be added in smoothies for healthy breakfast.
- Grounded seeds can added in lentil or any other soup.
Since ancient times, oil of sesame seeds has been used for culinary purposes. Sesame and its oil are nutritious, healthy and provide protection against illness.
- Sesame has omega-6, fatty acids, flavanoids, phenolics, anti-oxidants, vitamin and fibrous elements which keep body healthy.
- It is a healthy grain. These seeds are rich in mono-saturated fatty acids and proteins and essential minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium and copper.
- It helps to reduce high blood pressure.
- It helps to reduce dental problems.
- Oil of sesame seeds is used for massaging babies to keep their body strong.
- These seeds are rich in magnesium which not only helps to regulate blood flow thereby preventing cardioplegia and heartattack.
- These seeds are rich in zinc which helps to increase resistance power of the body. It helps to keep sound mind and healthy body.
- It has omega-3 fatty acids.
- Large amount of zinc helps in proper functioning of prostate gland in males.
- These seeds are natural source of phytoestrogens. After menopause, consumption of these seeds is really beneficial. Headache, joint pain and many other hormonal problems are common after menopause. These seeds help to reduce such problems.
Chia seeds are most commonly found in southern America, chia seeds are commonly used for weight loss. These seeds are full of omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, proteins, fibre, antioxidants and calcium. It is a complete grain which readily gets aborbed in our body. These seeds makes stomach feel full thereby reducing the eating amount and promotes weight loss without exercise.
- Omega-3 fatty acids help to control cholesterol levels.
- It controls insulin secretion which helps in diabetes.
- Antioxidants in these seeds protect our cells from free radicals and keep them young.